"Many people are happier if they can remain independent and in their own homes as long as possible.”
Dementia Care and the benefits of staying at home with a 24/7 Live in Carer
Dementia is a word used to describe a group of symptoms that include memory loss, confusion, mood changes and difficulty with day-to-day tasks. A diagnosis of dementia can come as a shock. Even if you have been half expecting it, having to adjust to a life with dementia can be a worrying and upsetting time, and it can also be hard for those close to you.
Now is the time to plan for your future care needs. There are many care options, all of which can help improve your quality of life – but none are as flexible and as accommodating as home care. Live in care for dementia patients will enable you to continue to remain in your own home, both in the early stages and late stages of the condition. With the support of a live in care plan that is tailored entirely around the needs of a dementia sufferer, you can continue to make your own lifestyle choices while remaining in the comfort of familiar surroundings. By being given the option to stay in your own home with the provision of live in care, you will be free to welcome visitors, free to continue with your own routine, and free to live as independently as possible; the only difference is that you will be supported around the clock by an experienced, professionally-trained live in carer.
Tailored live in care for dementia patients
Keeping active is important, and by choosing dementia live in care as a means of support, you will be able to continue to engage in the local community. This could be as simple as being able to go to your local shops, accessing community forums or being able to walk around in your local area. If you are unable to walk these distances, the carer will be able to support you in a wheelchair. Live in care for dementia can support you in many different ways, and because the care support ratio is one to one, you know that the chosen care professional is 100% focused on your care needs and is able to help you live the life you deserve to lead.
Why choose live in care?
- When in their own homes, people feel safe in the familiar environment.
- Care home can have dedicated suites for dementia care. Although this is a good idea in theory, in practice, they make for confusing and noisy environments.
- Life in your own home can be more stimulating with a live in carer and friends and family can still visit as easily as before.
- On better days, the client is not confused as to why they are in a care home. Instead, they are in the familiar, secure and warm environment of their own home.
- Clients’ own homes are filled with happy memories, which can be both stimulating and comforting to those with dementia.
- Clients in their own home are less likely to be awake during the nights. If they do struggle to sleep, there is someone there just to look after them, on a one to one basis.
- Daily routines can be established or maintained, bed time is the same as is meal times.
- Being adequately stimulated in the day often means that sleep patterns are often improved.
- 1:1 support ensures better safety.
- 1:1 support also ensures better stimulation.
Independent People Live in Care follows the Contented Dementia Philosophy and all of our staff have strong training in how to manage and support the onset of dementia.
Contact us for free advice on live in care for dementia patients.